Monday, August 3, 2009

far away, far away

I just spent a week on the east coast, one of my favourite vacation spots. I'm not sure what draws me out there: the seaside or the nostalgia. Both are compelling I guess. Speaking of compulsions, I have one for making lists so here's one of all the things I did:

1. Stopped in Ithaca, NY to eat dinner at Moosewood Restaurant.

2. Read The Life of Pi. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. And I've been dreaming about Bengal Tigers for days.

3. Listened to Regina's new album. 12 times.

"Come and open up your folding chair next to me,
my feet are buried in the sand and there's a breeze.
There's a shadow, you can't see my eyes.
And the sea is just a weathered version of the skies..."




4. In Provincetown, I saw a whale breach right in front of me. No joke. It may have been the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

5. Drank blueberry beer at a microbrewery in Salem, MA. Joe had watermelon beer. Best brewery we've encountered on the east coast.

6. Discovered two new potters:

The Soft Earth

Blueberry Lane Pottery

7. Ate clam chowder. Lots of it. (There are little air holes from the clams in this picture, can you see them??)

8. Bought a new hat. It's a Boston tradition. :)

9. Acquired a hoard of treasure from the sea.


And now it's good to be home. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! It sounds like you had a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete