Thursday, March 25, 2010
These are magnets in the women's washroom at CJI. I am aware the creepiness involved in sneaking a camera into the washroom... but I simply had to do it.
My time spent at this organization, and in the prison especially, has really affected me. Some lessons I'm learning are as follows:
1. Always reflect. Always. I need to continuously challenge my notions and judgments.
2. Take people seriously. When I don't believe someone, ask myself why. Respect people's stories.
3. Respect people no matter what: what they've done; whether they make me feel insecure; if they've hurt me, or others.
4. Be present.
5. Recognize that people have a past, a present, and a future.
6. Forgive. Don't seek revenge, seek transformation.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
School seems to have sucked up all of my time these past eight months, but I had some time last week to do some mucking around with clay, and these are the results: