Thursday, December 8, 2011

Eowyn, heroine of my heart

Tonight, after watching a movie (which shall not be named) where the only female character not only dies, but dies twice (and is so incredibly annoying), I'm trying to think of all the fictional girls that have made an impression on me in my life.

Since I've recently mentioned LOTR and the importance of finding myself in the stories I read as a girl, I thought I'd bring up Eowyn. Though she's not in the story for long, and is one of only three girls to make an appearance in LOTR (not the best track record, John, but I'm overlooking it), this lady made a HUGE impression on me growing up. 

So here's to you, Eowyn. Thanks for being so darn brave.

2 comments:

  1. I always feel a need to connect as a girl with whatever I'm reading/watching. I find myself really upset every time I watch a movie where there is no room for the female mind. I recently watched "Diner" with Mickey Rourke, and I had to turn it off because it was a movie about a group of privileged white males graduating university and trying to cope with being "tied down" to women. Guhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! I know what you mean about needing to connect as a girl. I hate the feeling of being excluded by a story, or having no one to identify with. :(

    ReplyDelete