Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vårens första dag

Hello July! How did you get here so fast??

This month is always whirlwind busy for me. With two festivals and one art show in four weeks, it’s both exciting and stressful at the same time. So, while listening to the click click click of my kiln steadily climbing to 2232 degrees Fahrenheit, I've found a small pocket of calm. And in the calm, I'm making a little list...

What July means to me: 

  • long days hunched over clay
  • being clay-speckled when I go out in public
  • clay beneath my fingernails ALL THE TIME
  • and really sore wrists

But it also means:

  • the smell of wet clay ALL THE TIME (which I happen to love)
  • being caught up in things like colour and shape and texture
  • getting to see super awesome bands
  • meeting lovely artisans
  • and eating delicious food

So there! It’s not all stressful.

Anyways, I’m heading up to Orillia tomorrow for the Mariposa Folk Festival. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with the supremely talented Laleh:



I love this girl's music SO MUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment