Tuesday, August 21, 2012

sometimes you just gotta dance


Here’s a paradox for you:

I’m a pretty cynical person.

I’m also a pretty na├»ve person.

I’m not exactly sure how these things co-exist together inside my body, but somehow they do.

Some days, it is extremely easy for me to believe that people are inherently good at their cores. Broken, maybe. But beautiful and good, too.

And then there are days when I want to fling that idea into the ocean and watch it sail far, far away from me.

So. How do I reconcile these opposite feelings?

Sometimes, I think that the only thing you can do is play your favourite song really, really loud until there's only you and the song and your naive belief that the world is inherently precious and lovely and working towards restoration.

Maybe that’s delusion.

But it makes me feel better. So there’s that.


No comments:

Post a Comment