Monday, January 14, 2013

Revisions

So, yesterday was an OMG I LOVE THIS kind of day. Today is a JUST GIVE UP AND EAT CHOCOLATE kind of day. I’ve been waffling back and forth for weeks now between these too extremes. The problem is the latter (obviously) because it’s one thing to be high on love for your novel and burning through revisions, and it’s entirely another to feel like you want to gouge your eyes out if you have to read one more word, or bang your head against the wall until things become clear again, or just click the delete button and make all 93,000 words disappear so you can start the whole thing over, this time without so many broken pieces. Ugh. So. Much. Drama. And yet, I’m not sure I would love it the same way if it was devoid of the waffling extreme-ness, because that would just make it… ordinary. So back I go. It is the homestretch, after all. I can almost feel the heat of freshly printed pages as I hand them to Joe to read over…

See you on the other side.

(Hopefully.)

No comments:

Post a Comment