Tuesday, December 3, 2013

exile

At some point in life, the place that formed you and the people you once belonged to are no longer yours. Maybe those people or that place has changed, or maybe you’ve changed, or maybe death or distance or some other circumstance has separated you. Whatever the case, the seams that once held your world together have frayed and frayed and finally come undone and now here you are, with your needle and thread, and your unraveled world, alone.

You realize that all along your gods were mere mortals. All along you've thought death was the worst thing that could happen - but it's not.

It's not.

So now what are you going to do?

2 comments:

  1. This post hits hard. You wrote about something that I think about all the time but I still have no answer to your 'what re you going to do'.
    The fact that nothing in life is permanent, that nothing will last forever, as opposed to what we were made to believe as kids, is a scary thought,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no answer for that question either. :( I always think I'm okay with impermanence until it means I have to let go of something precious - and then I'm not okay with it.

    ReplyDelete